免費論壇 繁體 | 簡體
Sclub交友聊天~加入聊天室當版主
分享
返回列表 回复 发帖

网络安全先驱 John McAfee 自杀

2021-06-24

律师近日告诉路透社,西班牙高等法院批准将出生于英国的美国科技企业家John McAfee引渡到美国后,周三他在巴塞罗那监狱自杀身亡。

McAfee的律师Javier Villalba表示,这位反病毒软件先驱在九个月的监禁中因绝望而上吊

75岁的McAfee在上个月的法庭听证会上表示,鉴于他这个年纪,如果在美国被定罪,他将在监狱中度过余生。他说:“我希望西班牙法庭能看到此案的不公正,美国方面想要把我树为一个典例。”

巴塞罗那的监狱中的McAfee

多年来McAfee一直在美国当局的追捕下过着逃亡生活,有一段时间躲在一艘巨型游艇上。他在田纳西州因逃税罪名被起诉,在纽约州因加密货币欺诈案被起诉。

一名西班牙警方消息人士当时表示,这位具有传奇色彩的科技创始人于10月3日在巴塞罗那机场被扣留,当时他正准备持英国护照登上飞往伊斯坦布尔的航班。

在1987年推出世界上第一款商业反病毒软件之前,McAfee曾为美国宇航局(NASA)、施乐和洛克希德马丁公司工作过。他在2011年将其软件公司卖给了英特尔,不再插手该公司。这款软件仍以其名字命名,在全球拥有5亿用户。

西班牙高等法院周三表示,同意将McAfee引渡到美国。地区司法部证实,周三,一名75岁的等待引渡的美国男子被发现死在牢房里。监狱当局正在调查死因。

Villalba表示,McAfee本来仍然有机会对定罪提出上诉,但他无法忍受继续被监禁下去。

Villalba说:“这是残酷的司法体系造成的结果,没有理由让这个人在监狱里呆这么久。”由于McAfee之死,美国检察官可能会要求审办逃税案的法官驳回指控。

McAfee在2019年表示,出于意识形态方面的原因,他已有八年未缴纳美国所得税。2019年,他逃离美国以逃避审判,大部分时间住在一艘巨型游艇上,与妻子、四条大狗、两名保安和七名工作人员相伴。

他曾主动提出使用加密货币帮助古巴避免美国的贸易禁运,并力求代表自由党竞选美国总统。

McAfee在2018年表示至少生有47个孩子,他在拉美国家伯利兹生活了几年。2012年,警方因一名邻居被谋杀后准备对McAfee质询时,他逃之夭夭。警方最终称他不是嫌疑人。

他表示,自己在逃亡路上结识了妻子Janice McAfee,当时她是个妓女,向他招揽生意。

Janice McAfee周日在推特上发帖称:“现在美国当局决心让John死在监狱里,将他树为公开反对美国政府机构内部腐败现象的一个典例……他永远没有希望在美国得到公正审判。”

McAfee是Twitter 的大咖用户,他在Twitter及其他社交媒体上有100万粉丝。

2013年,他在YouTube上发布了一段带有脏话的视频,嘲笑从计算机上删除带有其名字的软件有多难。

周三,世界各地的许多加密货币支持者纷纷发表推文以示哀悼。McAfee在6月18日的最后一条公开推文中写道:“所有权力都会腐败。你允许民主政府行使哪些权力可得注意了。”

瞅啥瞅别人?说别人没说你是么?

人物经历

1945年,McAfee出生于英国,他的母亲是英国人,二战时爱上了在英国驻扎的美国大兵,即McAfee的父亲。他很小的时候,全家移居到美国弗吉尼亚州。然而,他的童年并不幸福,他父亲经历战争后,因人格分裂症,成了爱家暴的嗜酒狂,迈克菲15岁那年,他的酒鬼父亲开枪自杀。他自己在大学第一年就学会了酗酒。他非常聪明的用个人魅力推销杂志订阅来赚取生活费和学费,并且考上了路易斯安那州立大学的博士,当他在攻读博士学位时因为与女生发生关系而被开除,这个女生后来嫁给了他。之后他在布里托斯大学做编码工作,但因为购买大麻被捕,再次被开除了。

1970年左右,他发现摇头丸,于是他早上吃完摇头丸就去上班,工作是用IBM电脑调度火车。当他觉得摇头丸不够尽兴的时候,他开始尝试一种叫做DMT的致幻剂,结果幻觉差点让要了他的命。

1983年,为Omex公司工作时迈出了这一步。几乎每天上午都要吸很多可卡因,每天都要喝光一瓶苏格兰威士忌,每时每刻都害怕自己的毒品会用光。妻子离开了他,狗被他送人了,和公司达成协议后他离开了Omex。没有朋友,他把自己关在房子里不见天日,连续很多天不停地吸毒。

1987年,他在圣克拉拉市面积有700平方英尺的家中开办了风靡全球的反病毒软件McAfee公司。不到五年的时间,《财富》杂志评选的100强中有一半的企业都在运行他的反病毒软件,而且这些企业也认为应该支付一定的使用费。

1990年,McAfee本人每年都能赚到500万美元,而相关的投资和运营费用则微乎其微。他的公司于1992年在纳斯达克上市,而他所持的股份价值则突然达到了8000万美元。

1994年,McAfee从公司辞职,两年后他卖掉大约价值1亿美元的股份,那时的他还不满50岁。辞职后,低调的他会给一些年轻创业公司提供建议,他也在斯坦福大学商学院进行演讲,同时继续做自己的项目。

2001年,McAfee疯狂地热爱上了瑜伽,还出版了四本书关于“瑜伽精神修行之旅”的书籍,次年还发布了两套瑜伽指导的DVD。

2008年,McAfee涉嫌谋杀邻居而逃往中美洲小国伯利兹。

2009年,他卖掉几乎所有的个人财产,包括他在夏威夷、科罗拉多、新墨西哥和德克萨斯等多个州的不动产,还卖掉他那架准乘10人的私人飞机,然后依靠出售个人纪实电影版权、出版个人传记赚钱。之后他搬进丛林,宣布他正在雨林中寻找一种自然的抗生素并且在他自己的地产上建造了神秘的实验室。

2010年,McAfee公司被Intel公司以76.8亿美元的价格收购。

2012年11月9日,McAfee的爱犬在一个夜里被毒死,11日,他的邻居GregoryFaull被人射杀身亡,本身就与邻居有过节、还是枪支的狂热爱好者的迈克菲成为了警方的“嫌疑人”,14 日,McAfee选择在接受Belize政府质询前逃之夭夭。躲在自己的私人小岛上,这座小岛距离伯利兹本土大概有15英里远。

成了“逃犯”的McAfee不仅没有保持低调,反而在自己的博客上“直播”自己的逃亡生活。

12月6日,McAfee在危地马拉被捕。虽然最终没有直接证据证明他杀死了邻居,但这件事情过后,他还是背负着极大的争议。

2014年8月,他出席安全会议DEF CON警告智能手机是监视消费者的工具,还表示他已经放弃了所有智能手机。

2015年,McAfee因为醉驾、携带枪支被捕;9月,McAfee向美国联邦选举委员会提交竞选文件,并上线了“McAfee 2016美国竞选运动网站”。根据McAfee提交的文件,他所代表的是一个新政党,但目前尚未对外公布具体信息。

2016年,McAfee突然宣布成为虚拟体育赛事及移动游戏收购型投资公司——MGT资本投资的CEO,把公司名字改成了自己的名字——约翰迈克菲全球科技公司,然后反向收购了自己创立的反间谍软件公司D-Vasive Inc,立志要把保护国家信息安全的光荣使命发扬光大。5月,约翰·迈克菲重回华尔街;8月16日,迈克菲开启自己人生中的首次中国之行,参加2016中国互联网安全大会(ISC 2016)的开幕峰会中国互联网安全领袖峰会,还与周鸿祎同台pk,讲述了自己30年的安全人生。在此期间,他表示了中国在硬件工程方面做得很出色,但是在软件工程方面有所欠缺。

转载    网易

瞅啥瞅别人?说别人没说你是么?
本帖最后由 木容 于 2021-6-24 14:16 编辑

TATTOO WARNING John McAfee had ‘WHACKD’ tattoo and once said if he was ever found dead in ‘suicide’ he ‘DIDN’T kill himself’

OHN McAfee had a "Whackd" tattoo and once claimed that if he was ever found dead by suicide that he did not kill himself.

He posted a picture of the tattoo in a 2019 tweet in which he accused US officials of sending him threats in "subtle messages."

The antivirus pioneer reportedly killed himself on Wednesday just hours after it was announced he would be extradited to the United States.

The 75-year-old tech mogul is reported to have taken his own life inprison in Barcelona, according to local paper El Pais.

In his tweet two years ago, McAfee appeared to show off a tattoo reading "whackd" as he accused US officials of targeting him.

"Getting subtle messages from U.S. officials saying, in effect: 'We're coming for you McAfee! We're going to kill yourself'," he wrote.

"I got a tattoo today just in case. If I suicide myself, I didn't. I was whackd. Check my right arm."

瞅啥瞅别人?说别人没说你是么?
本帖最后由 木容 于 2021-6-24 14:25 编辑

TATTOO WARNING John McAfee had ‘WHACKD’ tattoo and once said if he was ever found dead in ‘suicide’ he ‘DIDN’T kill himself’

JOHN McAfee had a "Whackd" tattoo and once claimed that if he was ever found dead by suicide that he did not kill himself.

He posted a picture of the tattoo in a 2019 tweet in which he accused US officials of sending him threats in "subtle messages."

The antivirus pioneer reportedly killed himself on Wednesday just hours after it was announced he would be extradited to the United States.

The 75-year-old tech mogul is reported to have taken his own life in prison in Barcelona, according to local paper El Pais.

In his tweet two years ago, McAfee appeared to show off a tattoo reading "whackd" as he accused US officials of targeting him.

"Getting subtle messages from U.S. officials saying, in effect: 'We're coming for you McAfee! We're going to kill yourself'," he wrote.

"I got a tattoo today just in case. If I suicide myself, I didn't. I was whackd. Check my right arm."

瞅啥瞅别人?说别人没说你是么?

In another tweet from only eight months ago, McAfee also compared himself to Jeffrey Epstein who was also found dead from an apparent suicide in his prison cell.

"I am content in here. I have friends. The food is good. All is well," he wrote in October 2020.

"Know that if I hang myself, a la Epstein, it will be no fault of mine."

McAfee's death was reported just hours after Spain’s National Court approved his extradition to the US, where he is wanted on tax-related criminal charges that carried a prison sentence of up to 30 years.

The decision could have been appealed and the final extradition would have needed to be approved by the Spanish Cabinet.

McAfee sold his antivirus company to Intel for $7.7billion in 2011.

He developed early internet security software and has been sought by authorities in the US and Belize in the past.

McAfee was arrested on October 3 of last year at El Prat airport in Spain, as he was about to flee the country to Turkey.

That same month, McAfee was charged in Tennessee with evading taxes after failing to report income made from promoting cryptocurrencies while he did consulting work, made speaking engagements, and sold the rights to his life story for a documentary.

The Tennessee indictment said McAfee failed to file tax returns from 2014 to 2018, despite receiving "considerable income" from those sources.

The indictment did not allege that the tech boss received any income in relation to McAfee Associates.

In a hearing held via videolink earlier this month, McAfee argued that the charges against him were politically motivated and said he would spend the rest of his life in prison if he was returned to the US.

Back in March, McAfee was also charged over a $13million cryptocurrency "scam" after allegedly luring victims on Twitter.

瞅啥瞅别人?说别人没说你是么?

The McAfee Associates founder was hit with a slew of charges, including money laundering and fraud, in Manhattan federal court.

In the months leading up to his death, the eccentric tech millionaire, who said he was "on the run," made sensational claims in a series of bizarre Twitter posts.

He alleged he had dirt on “those in power” and threatened to finally expose “the truth” if he was jailed or died.

McAfee, who has a record of making mischievous false statements on social media, appeared to suggest his life is in danger.

And he claimed he had set up a “deadman switch” to spill untold dirt on unnamed people if he were to die or disappear mysteriously.

In an initial cryptic tweet, he wrote: “People ask why I do the things I do.

“An act by itself is incomplete. It's the reason for the act that completes it and provides the real information. I am [on] the run.

“I would be an idiot to explain my 'why's'.”

He then added: “I neither fear death nor run from it. At my age it sits on my shoulder as a constant companion. It makes me fearless.”

转载   the-sun.com

瞅啥瞅别人?说别人没说你是么?
返回列表
高级模式 | 发新话题
B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies